The garage – an unused space
When people are undertaking extensions to their properties, garages are often not taken into consideration – but garages can be the ideal choice to provide an additional living area. If you have a growing family, or you simply need extra room, a garage conversion can be a very cost-effective and practical exercise – providing you with a tailored solution to meet your exact needs and requirements.
Consider what you actually use your garage for at the moment. In recent years, cars have become much bigger and houses a lot smaller. Years ago, the family car had to protected from the harsh elements. However, as technology has advanced cars are now routinely galvanised, negating the need for garage parking.
Car ports are also becoming very popular – allowing for easier parking outside of the house and yet still providing protection from the weather.
As a result, garages tend to turn into unused spaces or they get filled up with junk and unused belongings. The majority of households will have fitness equipment, toys or memorabilia stored in their garages, and quite often it will take some effort to dispose of these items, so they tend to sit in garages for years or even decades.
In the meantime, we are struggling to find the space that we need in our homes.
Why convert your garage?
- Additional living area
- Growing family
- Cost effective
- Add value to your home
- Tailored solution to meet your exact needs
- Brighten up your home with more daylight access
- Reduced need for indoor parking
- Bigger cars may struggle to fit in standard 150 sq ft garages
- Reduce household clutter
- Quick option with minimum disruption and stress
- Unlikely to require planning permission
- Reduces the need to move house
Garage conversion ideas
- Bedroom (with or without en-suite)
- Additional living room/lounge
- Dining area
- Children’s playroom
- Utility room
- Home office
- Home gym
- Small home cinema/games room
- Family room
- Music room
- Guest room
- Granny annexe
- Extension (of an adjoining room)
- Partial conversion
- And more…